14 de ago. de 2011

Masters 1000: Rogers Cup 2011 - 7° Dia

Results/Resultados - Sunday/Domingo, 14 August 2011

Singles - Final
[1] N Djokovic (SRB) d [6] M Fish (USA) 62 36 64

Doubles - Final
[4] M Llodra (FRA) / N Zimonjic (SRB) d [1] B Bryan (USA) / M Bryan (USA) 64 67(5) 10-5




Djokovic: “History making, of course it's special. Of course, it’s an honour and privilege to be part of the history of the sport that I love and that I play.”

“I think I was more nervous than in the previous matches today. Well, it was the final. There was a lot of tension going on. It was a very close match. He wanted to win that match as much as I did. That's why we were quite intense. It was a mental fight, as well. It was not just physical. But I managed to hold my composure when I needed to.”

“We are very good friends off the court, so we joke around all the time. He told me that I should give him one of these tournaments sometime. But it was great playing him. I'm happy to see him doing well. I think he's experiencing the best time of his career in last two years.”

Fish: “I felt like I had an opportunity today, I really did. I had a lot of chances in that first set, ended up losing 6-2 early. If you try to forget who you’re playing against, you’re just playing another player, maybe you can figure out a way to get a break or two there. I had a lot of shots early in that first set on my racquet that I’d like to have back.”

“It’s really hard to get to these spots in the first place, and I've lost four of them all (Masters 1000 finals) in three sets. It’s really hard to take. I mean, just so much energy mentally and physically goes into going that far. I’ve never won one. I want it so badly. It hurts.”

Llodra: “We have some friends here in Montreal. Tonight is going to be nice. It’s always nice to celebrate winning titles.”

Zimonjic: “I thought that we played really well as a team, which is very important against such a team like the Bryans because you cannot win only by individual skills. They’re great competitors. They have great hands. They help each other a lot. That’s what we had to do today. I think that's what made the difference compared to the other two matches [when we lost]. For sure the next time when we play them, it’s going to be even better for us to play as a team.” 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário